Want to know the most recent information about Blue Protocol? Blue Protocol is an upcoming free-to-play open-world MMORPG from Bandai Namco and Amazon Games, the latter of whom not too long ago noticed success with New World and Lost Ark in the identical style. It’s drawing plenty of comparability to Genshin Impact due to its standing as an F2P anime-inspired RPG, though in actuality it needs to be fairly totally different thanks each to its extra science-fantasy impressed setting and its totally different monetisation mannequin.
There’s some confusion in the intervening time surrounding Blue Protocol’s closed betas, that are supposed to check the game out in phases earlier than its deliberate full launch later within the 12 months. Read on under for every little thing we at present learn about these closed beta checks, together with particulars of the character courses you may be enjoying as, the methods during which Amazon goals to monetise the game, and extra.
On this web page:
- Blue Protocol beta tests
- Blue Protocol release date
- Blue Protocol classes
- Blue Protocol trailer
- Is Blue Protocol free-to-play?
Blue Protocol beta checks
A closed beta for would-be Blue Protocol gamers in Japan was introduced for January 14th, 2023, however has now been delayed. The new date has but to be introduced, though Bandai Namco have promised extra data on the rescheduled closed beta on January twenty fifth, 2023.
Further closed betas, anticipated within the first half of 2023, shall be open to gamers outdoors of Japan. Presumably, this can embody Western Europe, North America, South America, Australia and New Zealand, as these are the areas anticipated to be supported at launch.
Blue Protocol launch date
The full launch of Blue Protocol is anticipated at an unknown date someday in 2023, probably within the latter half of the 12 months as soon as each area has had their closed beta.
Blue Protocol shall be accessible on PC, Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation 5. It is not going to be launching on last-gen consoles, and there is no suggestion of a deliberate launch for any Nintendo units at the moment.
Blue Protocol courses
The following character courses shall be accessible to play as in Blue Protocol:
- Blade Warden: Standard melee class wielding sword and defend.
- Foe Breaker: Mixed DPS/cannon melee class, wielding a hammer.
- Keen Strider: Ranged class wielding a bow.
- Spell Weaver: Mage class wielding elemental powers.
- Twin Striker: Berserker melee class wielding two hatchets.
After choosing your character class, you may be free to extensively customise an avatar in keeping with your preferences. You’ll additionally be capable of customise your character in-game utilizing numerous cosmetics, gestures, mounts, and different tweaks to their design over time.
Blue Protocol trailer
Blue Protocol was formally revealed at The Game Awards 2022 with the next premier trailer, with debuted on the identical day because the gameplay trailer above:
Is Blue Protocol free-to-play?
Since Blue Protocol appears to be overtly riffing on the recognition of games like Genshin Impact and Tower Of Fantasy, it is unsurprising that its builders have opted to reflect that free-to-play mannequin. However, everyone knows that nothing is absolutely free, so here is what we all know up to now about how Blue Protocol shall be monetised:
- There shall be a Season Pass.
- There shall be microtransactions within the in-game retailer, referred to as the Regnas Store, bought utilizing the game’s premium foreign money Rose Orbs. It appears probably that these microtransactions shall be largely focussed on cosmetics, since Amazon Games have tried to distance themselves from pay-to-win mechanics in each New World and their Western launch of Lost Ark.
- There is not going to be a gacha, since characters are customised by the participant relatively than mounted by the game’s designers.
- There shall be Founders Packs akin to these Amazon Games beforehand launched for Lost Ark, with pre-order bonuses together with entry to Closed Betas.
That’s all we learn about Blue Protocol for now, though in fact we’ll maintain this web page up to date with extra data as we be taught it. In the meantime, there are lots extra highly-anticipated games due out in 2023, so why not take a look at our pages on every little thing we learn about Starfield or every little thing we learn about Star Wars Jedi: Survivor?